The largest public education lobbies represent employed and elected adults – administrators (10 employees), incumbent school board members (21 employees), and union teachers/staff (12 employees). Arkansas Learns, with just one day-to-day employee, is the only voice for consumers of public education (students, families, employers, taxpayers), but its impact is game-changing:
- School Choice (inter-district, open-enrollment public charter)
- School board elections aligned with primary or general elections
- A-F grades for school performance, growth
- Rewards for top academic performing, improving schools
- Election, appointment of leaders who share our core principles
- Competition among two-year colleges
- Growth of excellent public education options – improvement of districts, expansion of open-enrollment public and conversion charters, digital learning, industry-relevant career pathways
Defend, enhance student-focus, transparency, accountability, rewards, choice, and agility in public education.
Ensure business-led, industry-relevant career pathways for every student.
Prioritize that all students, except those precluded by intellectual disability, read at level.
Empower local business communities to know/insist on excellence and identify, recruit, and elect school board members aligned with shared principles.
Billion in Annual Education Spending (Federal, State & Local)
Arkansas General Revenue to K-12
Arkansas General Revenue to Higher Education
Arkansas General Revenue to Combined Education
Public School Students in Arkansas
Per Student Spending Per Year
Per Student Over K-12 Career
View additional information and key education indicators here.
Our Return on Investment?
Not Close Change
Help us make a difference. Become a member of Arkansas Learns.