Over the past three decades, there has been no shortage of public engagement of individuals and groups regarding the projected future of the Little Rock School District.
Including the latest Little Rock Area Public Education Stakeholder Group, there will have been five “plans” in the past seven years.
What has been consistently missing is sustained commitment to implementing those respective, but oft duplicative, visions.
The following is an incomplete bibliography of Little Rock public schools’ plans, studies, reports, agreements – even an award-winning documentary – since 1982.
- Arkansas State Board of Education Report from the Special Committee for the Pulaski County Boundaries Study (June 11, 2015)
- Little Rock Facilities Master Plan (Fanning Howie) (2014)
- Desegregation Settlement Agreement (2013)
- LRSD History (2012)
- Boosting Student Performance and Closing the Achievement Gap: A Strategic Plan for the Little Rock School District (March 2010)
- Little Rock Regional Chamber, Fifty For The Future, Market Street: Better Together – Metro Little Rock (2009)
- Little Rock Central: 50 Years Later (2007)
- Plan 2000 (1999)
- UALR LRSD Study (1997)
- Little Rock Public Schools: A Plan for Success (1996)
- Desegregation Settlement Agreement (1989)
- LRSD v. PCSSD, et al. (Desegregation) (1982)
Have others? Send a link and/or a copy of the original, and we’ll gladly post.